About Melissa Northway
Thanks for visiting my site! Creating has always been a big part of who I am and I have found writing to be a good outlet for my creative juices.
The first story I wrote was when I was nine years old about our Standard Poodle, Max, and our adventures together. I enjoy creating new stories for my daughter who inspires me to write children’s picture books. Penelope the Purple Pirate is my first storybook app and book. Penelope was released in January 2011 by PicPocket Books and it has been a wonderful journey filled with challenges, upsets and joy. Sounds a little like how it feels to raise a child!
My background is in sales and marketing and I believe that has helped me in utilizing social media to get the word out there about Penelope! You can read more about my journey of creating a storybook app here at a post I wrote for Moms With Apps (MWA). If you have a dream to create – whether it is a new business, a book or product, I hope that you are inspired to go after your dreams!
15 Things You May or May Not Want to Know About Me:
- Having my daughter is the best thing I have ever done.
- Marrying my husband ranks right up there.
- I love Ben & Gerry’s vanilla ice cream too much.
- I dream of traveling throughout Europe one day.
- If I could be anything in the world – I would want to be a rock star like Janis Joplin (truly).
- I spare others around me though as unfortunately I am not gifted with a singing voice.
- I wish I was about three inches taller – everything just seems to fit better!
- Favorite movies include The Big Lebowski, Out of Africa, and The Godfather.
- I cry every time I hear the song Landslide by Stevie Nicks though the Smashing Pumpkins do a great version as well!
- I find that yoga makes everything better if I am having one of those days…
- Someday I will go on a safari in Africa!
- Pirates of the Caribbean was and still is my favorite ride at Disneyland.
- Many of you may already know this, but I love Hello Kitty and Build-a-Bear more than my daughter does…
- I eat a piece of dark chocolate almost every day. Why not? Life is short!
- Favorite quote: Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. ~Thoreau
Melissa’s Favorite Sites: